Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 71 June 9, 2012
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. The tool in the sty conjures a literary genius. (7)
3. A vile rap changes to triumph. (7)
6. Stir cane badly and instead of sugar one gets the container. (8)
7. Washing 2240 lbs! That's a founding father! (10)
9. For her, changing men into swine was the easy part. (5)
2. A bad risk attached to head and it covers from the waist down. (5)
4. Only can rise metamorphosed for the afterlife after this dose. (7)
5. Soup with a little hesitation is fraternal. (7)
8. Eat it wrong and it's past. (3)