Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 60 January 7, 2012
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
2. Range from nothing to nothing and turn to an Italian herb. (7)
4. The German beginning to follow a spirit, is led to a strong spice. (6)
6. Turn the ion on to make your eyes water. (5)
7. Ate the wrong way and got a drink. (3)
8. In short, Margaret has a crazy head. (6)
9. Sounds contemporary but sweeter. (7)
1. A cooky with a filling or a seedy physicist in motion. (3,6)
3. AC current shocks the girl, a pungent spice. (6)
5. Unusually non-manic, it might even restore a bad breakfast. (8)