Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 59 December 24, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. Oddly, Bake St. is not for bread alone, especially at Easter. (6)
2. The plan, I might add, is quite ordinary. (5)
5. The bad ram downed enough gin to get to the edge. (6)
7. Wrongly votes for the cook. (5)
8. The beggar has an Easter surprise. (3)
9. Alternatively consumed, flamboyantly speak. (5)
1. Musical group getting old? Their injuries are wrapped. (8)
3. See 4 Down
4. and 3 Down. Steer a hare badly and it might lose some eggs in the bushes. (6, 5)
6. To some males an adornment requiring careful trimming, but sounds like instructions to a