Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 58 December 10, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. and 6. Down. This grain on a foot can be sore, but atop a male swan is tasty. (4,2,3,3)
5. Take a rodent and its tail for a delicious dessert. (6)
7. Snagged hose for the foot. (4)
9. In Lagos, Iris became a god from the African continent. (6)
2. Off-key tones are what students take. (5)
3. God-in-chief--- for the Romans, that is; for us a massive planet. (7)
4. A Masai man carries the wrong spare. (5)
6. See 1 Across.
8. The computer doesn't seem to get anywhere without a bad skid. (4)