Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 55 October 29, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. A road division one can eat with. (4)
5. A red-hot explosion could result when Nate gets upset. (4)
7. Tie with par, but can end up as a robber on the high seas. (6)
8. Awkwardly, Pam changes endlessly to celebrate with this. (9)
1. Conflagration with wings? No, just a lighted beetle. (7)
2. Nana's got her Bachelor's and gone crazy. The chimps would surely like them. (7)
3. She surely brought Rebecca into the world. (6)
4. Citizen Al is certainly behind his country! (8)
6. You can bet Ron didn't write Jane Eyre, but then he's all mixed up. (6)