Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 54 October 15, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. A pure mixed country? (4)
3. Pans lie unusually on the droopy-eyed canine. (7)
5. With Spanish, tempt what leads to disdain. (8)
7. Louisiana's capital has pears that aren't green, but lustrous white. (6)
8. The little devil finds a rich mine, but it may collapse inwards. (7)
2. Run! I might add, this could end in disaster. (4)
3. Unusual capes can fly you out of this world. (5)
4. An hour in sin is bad but can help to sustain. (7)
6. A plowed plot for a philosopher? (5)