Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 52 September 17, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
2. Sounds like a beating muscle has a car in Connecticut. (8)
4. Ancient structure of Egypt described in the P.M. diary? (7)
5. A check for a duck? (4)
7. Ran miles for these resources? (8)
8. See 1 Down.
1. and 8 Across. Your countenance shows no emotion, but that's part of the game. (5,4)
3. You can see them warming, let them mix together. (6)
4. Flounder perhaps but it sounds like it has found its spot. (6)
6. No rabbit, the confused hare claims to consort with Zeus. (4)