Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 49 August 6, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. It sounds like you have gotten mixed up in a bad scam, according to an existentialist. (5)
4. The vole turns to express affection. (4)
7. Make par back to the port for harmonious accord. (7)
8. Observe that it may fly by even though it spends most of its life in water. (6)
2. Showmanship is the name of the game at these but some need to put them on to see
3. A ring is on improperly, when worn by the Italian girl. (9)
5. He jumps on one leg to flavor the beer. (4)
6. Pull on a bow to render a portrait? (4)