Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 44 May 28, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. A legume on the head of a rooster -- is he a show-off? (7)
3. Perspiration induced by recycled waste. (5)
6. Yes, no! Strangely, a dorm. (5)
8. Blow back your top and you can cook in it, unless you prefer to smoke it. (3)
9. A gin cocktail is ideal for averting a loss. (4)
2. A river, a woman, a jungle? Perhaps all three. (6)
3. Sh! Ivan the Terrible might hear you and wherein you will see the Hindu god of
4. It may seem tepid to us joined in argument. (7)
5. Down under, it's Matilda's dance. (5)
7. Afghan crop or Yves Saint Laurent perfume?