Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 42 April 30, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. Pushing aid in Goa; it's a slow movement. (6)
5. Spilling tea in one's lap is upsetting but one can acquire a sense of taste. (6)
8. Chew gum for your favorite night time haunt. (3)
9. Errs in web concocts manufacturers of popular potables. (7)
2. A perfume or an upward climb? (6)
3. You can see them flaming orange -- well actually pink! (8)
4. An American writer may rank fuel in an unusual manner. (8)
6. Reach agreement when alternating current in brief is given enough rope. (6)
7. I was left out when Muriel burst upon the scene in Madagascar. (5)