Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 70 May 26, 2012
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
2. SARS in Virginia shortly? No, a false alarm, just a college. (6)
6. The saurus is no dinosaur! It's just a matter of words.
8. It may be a vain notion but taken together stirs up invention. (10)
9. Beg ride almost and scramble to span water usually. (6)
1. What a noise! But can't play tennis without it! (6)
3. A sail fluttered on to a TV thriller otherwise called. (5)
4. A lizard or a nickname for Sir Isaac. (4)
5. For zest, tag a dart wrongly to sum. (7)
7. Just file badly to cheat death. (4)