Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 61 January 21, 2012
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. Bad supply at down under. I may be billed as a duck, but I'm unique! (8)
3. It must ache to grow one, or is it there already? (8)
5. This good land is endless -- bad too; so it plies the canals. (7)
7. Dainty me just got messed up; nitrocellulose plus ammonium nitrate. (8)
2. Let a lass dance; it's hot! (5)
3. The gay ram turns into a cat. (6)
4. Man, this cat's burnin' bright, according to Blake. (5)
6. Alternatively sunk one's teeth; the earth did the same to the sun! (5)