Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 53 October 1, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. A badly set cusp may cause one to distrust. (7)
5. You may notice Haagen Dazs sticks to the schedule. (6)
7. Before noon okay, becoming uncontrollably violent. (4)
8. A fizzy cola, Arch, may shade your sketches well. (8)
2. This strange bear's useful in a duel. (5)
3. You can kid and kid back-- sounds like a dear type. (3-3)
4. No, Martha wobbled, but still completed the long-distance race. (8)
6. A fish settling on a precarious spot? (5)