Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 43 May 14, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. Wild black cats stitched up her pants. (8)
3. For a soloist a performance leading to nothing. (7)
5. Impel by unusually ripe sin. (7)
6. This whale just can't be wrong! (5)
7. Puccini's Madam or merely saturated fat on the wing! (9)
1. Puff up a relative as raw material for a Halloween lantern. (7)
2. Do disturb Tad's room; they keep it clean. (8)
4. The orca thinks quite wrongly it's in a rut, but he is actually in charge of the zoo. (7)