Copyright © 2010 ofthisandthat.org.
All rights reserved.
... for travel and leisure
|Cryptic Crossword # 39 March 19, 2011
Note that clues often contain anagrams,
double meanings, etc.
Sample clue: Wrong way to fly a plane.
Solution: YAW (jumble of 'way')
1. Without it, the subtitle is hardly noticed. (6)
2. Make-up a pill endlessly with a twig. (8)
4. A noticeable perm, it seems one could allow. (6)
6. A 19th century French novelist who shows up as mud spatters the riding boots of his
three famous heroes. (5)
8. Grabbing this way sounds like one is greedy, when actually it is just a small number. (7)
1. A flatfish that is the only one! (4)
3. The wrecked car upset the louse within -- what a spinner! (8)
5. Can one wade through water with this car? (4)
7. A mad wild man? No, just the first one! (4)